What You Should Know to Plan Your National Aquarium Abu Dhabi Visit
Home to more than 46,000 animals, the National Aquarium Abu Dhabi is the largest aquarium in the Middle East. From different types of jellyfish to ferocious sea animals like sharks and rays, visiting the aquarium is a must on your trip to Abu Dhabi. You can also get a tour of Bu Tinah, an underground island located near this 10-million-litre aquarium. Abu Dhabi's National Aquarium is a paradise for adrenaline junkies as one can swim with the animals and even sharks (with proper safety and guidance, of course). If you are planning a trip to Abu Dhabi soon, read on to know why the National Aquarium Abu Dhabi should be on your itinerary.
National Aquarium Abu Dhabi | Visitor Information At A Glance
- What are the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium timings?
The Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is open on all days from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. To explore it completely, you must spend about 4-5 hours inside and enjoy all the activities.
- Where is the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium located?
Abu Dhabi National Aquarium official address: Al Qana - Rabdan - Al Maqta' - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates.
- How many visitors does Abu Dhabi National Aquarium see every year?
After its opening in 2021, the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium has seen over 10 million visitors from around the world in its first year.
- Does Abu Dhabi National Aquarium have parking facilities?
The Al Qana complex has surface parking space for 1400 vehicles which is free of cost for visitors.
- What is the best time to visit Abu Dhabi National Aquarium?
As it is a popular destination among visitors, the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is generally crowded on weekends. Avoid going in the evenings as well. The best time to visit the aquarium is the early hours, between 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM.
National Aquarium Abu Dhabi Timings
Abu Dhabi National Aquarium Timings - 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM
The Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is open on all days of the week. Being a popular attraction among tourists, the aquarium is not closed on any public holiday. You can visit it any time of the year.
Duration of visit - Ideally, you should spend about 4-5 hours at the museum to watch all 46,000 animals and partake in different activities organised by the aquarium for your entertainment.
Best Time To Visit Abu Dhabi National Aquarium
Weekend vs Weekday
Weekends are generally crowded, as is common with all public places. Tourists and even locals prefer to visit the aquarium in their free time. The aquarium is relatively less busy during weekdays, especially from Monday to Thursday. Plan your visit on these days to make the most of your time inside the aquarium.
Best Time In The Year
The aquarium is open all days of the week, all year around. But it is particularly busy during winter, as November to March are popular months to visit the city. If you want to experience Abu Dhabi's weather at its finest, plan your trip during these months. If you would rather have a quiet and quality time at this attraction, visit during summer.
Best Time In The Day
The Abu Dhabi aquarium opening is at 10:00 AM. Early hours till 1:00 PM are not as busy inside the aquarium. You can get to see your favorite animals without any lines. Evenings are comparatively crowded, so avoid hours between 4:00 PM to 8:00 PM. Keep 4 to 5 hours free to visit the aquarium.
Where Is Abu Dhabi National Aquarium Located?
Address - Al Qana - Rabdan - Al Maqta' - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates. Find on Map
Al Qana is a shopping and entertainment complex which houses the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium. It is spread across 2.4 square kilometres and has restaurants, theatres, movie theatres, gaming arcades, watersport activities, spas and theme parks.
Closest landmark - The Bridge Lifestyle Hub
Getting To The National Aquarium In Abu Dhabi
By Public Transport
- By Bus - Rabdan Khaleej Al Arabi Street Bus Interchange is a bus stop right outside the Al Qana area, on the south side. You can board a bus from different parts of Abu Dhabi to get to the Abu Dhabi aquarium location.
- By Taxi - Taxis are readily available for pick up and drop services to Al Qana. You can book a taxi from a local rental company or even use commute apps like Uber.
- From Dubai - If you're taking a bus from Dubai to the Abu Dhabi aquarium location, take E100 or E101. When you reach Abu Dhabi, you can find buses from different areas to Rabdan Khaleej Al Arabi Street Bus Interchange bus stop.
The Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is easily accessible from all areas of Abu Dhabi. Head to Al Khaleej Al Arabi Street and keep driving straight till you reach Al Qana.
- From Dubai - The aquarium is just about 1 hour and 15 minutes away from Dubai. Drive via Sheikh Zayed Road to E11 and take Abu Dhabi Road. Take the E22 exit and drive to Al Maqta Street.
- Parking Facilities - Al Qana complex provides free parking for visitors with 1400 surface bays. Even if you go during rush hours, you will find space to park.
How To Skip Lines at The Abu Dhabi National Aquarium?
- Visit during weekdays - Weekdays are less crowded as compared to weekends at Abu Dhabi National Aquarium. Early hours after opening, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, are the best times to visit.
- Book your tickets online - This is the surest way of saving time on your visit to the aquarium. Book your Abu Dhabi National Aquarium tickets online, get a soft copy and make the most of your trip.
- Choose the All Access experience - For just AED 180, get an All Access Pass to all 10 zones of the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium, including Glass Bridge Walk, Glass Bridge Bottom Boat and Behind The Scenes.
Know Before You Visit Abu Dhabi National Aquarium
There are many restaurants in Al Qana that are just walking distance from the aquarium.
You can find all kinds of stay options in and around the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium area.
- Budget stays - ibis Abu Dhabi Gate (2.4 km), Al Jazira Club Hotel (17.3 km) and Villaggio Hotel & resort Abu Dhabi (19.2 km)
- Comfort stays - Novotel Abu Dhabi Gate (2.4 km), Hotel Fairmont Bab Al Bahr - Abu Dhabi (3.7 km), Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri (4.3 km)
- Luxury stays -Shangri-La Qaryat Al Beri (2.9 km), The Ritz-Carlton Abu Dhabi - Grand Canal ( 7.2 km), Marriott Hotel Al Forsan (8.3 km)
Here are some of the National Aquarium Abu Dhabi entry requirements:
- Smoking is only permitted in designated areas outside the aquarium building.
- Do not carry roller skates, bikes or skates inside Al Qana. They are prohibited.
- Pets are not allowed inside the aquarium. Leave your pets at home when visiting.
- You will not be allowed for picnics or camping inside the Al Qana premises.
- Professional photography requires special permission from the aquarium.
- Do not consume alcohol inside the aquarium premises.
- The Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is a popular attraction in the city. Book your tickets well in advance to avoid wasting time.
- If you want to host a private event, get in touch with the aquarium representatives. They rent spaces for private events.
- Green Pass or PCR is required to enter the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium to prevent COVID-19 infection. Ensure you have one before visiting.
- The Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is fully accessible to people with disabilities. Contact the aquarium if you have special requests.
- Activities like shark encounters and feeding sharks are not advised for people with heart issues. Do not participate if you have any heart-related problems.
- November to March is a pleasant time to visit Abu Dhabi, but it is also crowded. If you don't mind a little heat, go in the off-season.
- To make the most out of your experience and spend less money on travelling, choose public transport to roam around Abu Dhabi.
- Be mindful of the city's culture and beliefs. Enter mosques or places that follow strict clothing guidelines in appropriate apparel.
Book Your National Aquarium Abu Dhabi Tickets
Frequently Asked Questions about National Aquarium Abu Dhabi
A. Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is located in the Al Qana area of Abu Dhabi. The official address is Al Qana - Rabdan - Al Maqta' - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates.
A. The Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is open on all days of the week from 10:00 AM to 10:00 PM. It is not closed on any public holiday unless announced on the website.
A. The Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is the largest aquarium in the Middle East. It is a 10-million-litre aquarium.
A. To explore the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium to the fullest, you should spend 4-5 hours and take part in various activities that educate you about the life of sea animals.
A. Early hours after opening, from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM, are the best hours to visit the museum. It is usually not crowded at this time, especially during weekdays.
A. Buses, local taxis and cab apps like Uber are readily available for reaching the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium. If you're taking the bus, get down at Rabdan Khaleej Al Arabi Street Bus Interchange, which is right outside Al Qana.
A. If you are driving to the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium from the city centre, head to Al Khaleej Al Arabi Street and keep driving straight till you reach Al Qana.
A. Abu Dhabi National Aquarium is a must-visit during your trip to the city. It is a 10-million-litre aquarium that has 46,000 sea animals, including sharks and rays.
A. No, there is no age limit to visit the Abu Dhabi National Aquarium. However, children are not allowed to partake in certain activities like shark encounters and shark feeding.
A. Abu Dhabi National Museum is fully wheelchair accessible. Get in touch with the aquarium representatives if you need a wheelchair. They will accommodate your request.
A. Yes, the Al Qana complex has space for 1400 vehicles for surface parking, and it is free of cost.